Do you play a musical instrument, sing, mix or dance? If yes, the project #polandorchestrachallenge is for you. If you have a smartphone and an access to the Internet you can perform with us!
We, the Polish National Wind Orchestra, would like to invite instrumentalists, vocalists, DJs, dancers, professionals and amateurs to take part in our music project.
#polandorchestrachallenge project is very popular, as evidenced by all the recordings that we are receiving from you and for which we want to thank you very much. We are glad that there are so many artists willing to perform together with the band. Because of new challenges we have decided to finish the #polandorchestrachallenge project for the song “Get Lucky”. We would like to inform everyone who wishes take part in the project and send us their recording, that the deadline for sending the films is 22 June 2020 at 24.00 hours. The recordings which we receive before this deadline will be successively published. We are waiting for your works. Watch us on our social media channels, we are going to launch our next projects soon!
What is it about:
The musicians – each in their own home – will play “Get Lucky” – the world hit by French music band Daft Punk, and will record a video, which will appear among many others on the screen, creating an orchestra.
The orchestra will be conducted by Mariusz Dziubek, the Head of the Polish National Wind Orchestra and the author of the arrangement.
The helmet on Mariusz’s head refers to the style of Daft Punk, which is a music duo, as you probably know. Therefore, there will also be room for you on the screen.
– Let’s create Polish Daft Punk! – encourages us the musician famous for his innovative projects.
#polandorchestrachallenge this is not just about watching, it’s about performing together.
– We would like to encourage various artists, older and younger alike, professionals, amateurs, freelancers and musician from wind orchestras to join us, playing this hit together with the Polish National Wind Orchestra – says Mariusz Dziubek, the Head of the Band.
– How can you do that? It’s simple. You can download the notes of the part of the instrument which you play from our website, record your performance at home, on the balcony, in the forest – wherever it is and will be permitted, and we will place you in our orchestral window instead of the musician whose voice you perform.
You can also send us a solo. I am also waiting for parts played by several persons on the same type of instrument. If you don’t know the notes, just listen to the sounds we play and play what you feel. Play any musical instrument you wish.
„Get Lucky” will sound great with brass instruments and in vocal and instrumental version, and it will certainly encourage some of you to mix and present your dance skills!
– The Head of the Polish National Wind Orchestra says “I hope that people will be creative and that music will improve our moods”. – And he adds “The best performances will be rewarded. Maybe we will all play together live one day? Will you join us?
Like a Phoenix
Mariusz Dziubek explains why he has chosen the song by Daft Punk:
– This song is brilliant in its simplicity, with its perfect harmony and pulsating rhythm, just awesome if you want to play brass instruments. And it also has a positive message. “Get Lucky” features the motif of the Phoenix, a mythological sacred Egyptian bird, considered to be a symbol of the sun and of a reviving life. This unusual creature appears in almost all ancient myths. It is said that after surviving 500 years, the Phoenix burns to ashes and then raises from the ashes as a symbol of rebirth and eternal life. The phrase sung by Pharrell Williams: „Like the legend of the Phoenix / All ends with beginnings” sounds heartbreakingly pitiful in the time of pandemic. Such raising from ashes can nowadays be seen in the music business
– Concert halls, stadiums, clubs have become deserted and silent… Fortunately music has started to return and develop on the Web, says the conductor.
– Live music will be reborn just like the mythical Phenix!
No only during the pandemic
Mariusz Dziubek emphasizes that #polandorchestrachallenge is a project not only for the time of the pandemic:
– Nowadays we record music at home out of necessity, but I hope that after the quarantine is over, orchestras will play with all their power! Therefore, I am preparing new arrangements so that we will be able to listen not only to together-at-home performances but also recordings made in rehearsal halls or concert halls.
Together, yet separately
Everybody will be able to watch „Get Lucky” performed by the Polish National Wind Orchestra on social media (Facebook, Instagram).
5 steps to our joint performance:
1. Here you can find the version of the song you are looking for.
2. Record your performance following the instruction given below.
3. Write in the message:
#polandorchestrachallenge, your first name, your surname, country, a few words about yourself and GDPR Information Clause (without the clause your application will be automatically turned down).
4. Send the recording via WeTransfer to our e-mail address: email@example.com
5. Click “Transfer” 🙂
Participants under 16 years of age require the written consent of their legal guardian.
Will you take up a challenge?
1. You need to hold your phone or video camera horizontally when taking video.
2. If possible, choose the highest resolution.
3. Don’t record your video “against the light”.
- If you want, record a few additional shots, for example when you smile, wave to the camera, prepare for the performance :-).
5. In order to record sounds use a sound recorder (e.g. zoom) or an audio interface. Remember to avoid highly reverberant rooms. Send us your recording in WAV format. If you do not have these possibilities, use your smartphone.
Trombone and tuba section
NOTE: use notes and audio tracks only for the purposes of the Polish National Wind Orchestra project #polandorchestrachallenge. Copying, performing during other performances is prohibited.
“Recording a film and sending it to the organizer constitutes consent to making your image public on the websites or/and on social media of the Polish National Wind Orchestra with its registered office in Lubin.
INFORMATION CLAUSE RELATING TO PROTECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to article 12 section 1 and section 2 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general data protection regulation/GDPR), we inform that:
- Your Data Controller shall be: the Polish National Wind Orchestra with its registered office in Lubin, ul. Mikołaja Pruzi 7,9 59-300 Lubin, tel.: 76 307 00 00, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may contact a designated Data Protection Office via phone number: 76 300 01 40, or e-mail: email@example.com
- The Personal Data will be processed for the purpose of the project #polandorchestrachallenge.
- The legal basis of processing of the personal data is article 6 section 1a) of GDPR (consent) – the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes: first name; surname; country; town; age; image data for promotion and marketing purposes; e-mail address which may be used during the future cooperation
- Data recipient or categories of recipients: Entities authorised under concluded personal data processing agreements and authorised under applicable laws.
- The data will be stored until the consent is withdrawn.
- The date will be processed by automated means and will not be profiled.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as the right to rectify or erase them, to restrict their processing.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent supervisory authority, i.e. to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, ul. Stawki 2, 00-913 Warszawa,
- Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country.
- Providing the personal data is voluntary but you will not be able to participate in our project #polandorchestrachallenge without providing thereof.”